A Power of Discipleship or POD is a group of people, who are committed to follow Jesus under God’s authority, compelled by the Holy Spirit to fulfill the Great Commission, waiting on God in prayer, going and reaching out to people God has brought across their path and making disciples.
What we do?
- Gather a POD of 3-4 people
- Pray for one another
- Encourage one another in making disciples
- Pray for people, who God has placed on our hearts
- Reach out to people God has brought across our path and engage them in activities of common interest to build relationship and trust
- Learn to tell our story about how we became followers of Jesus and share it with others
- Learn to tell God’s story and explain how a person can know God personally
- Disciple people, who have decided to follow Jesus, one-to-one and/or in a discovery group
- Regularly communicate with each other by text, email, Skype, Facebook, or any other way, even face-to-face, about our progress in making disciples
- Be creative and enjoy the challenge
- Catch the vision of advancing the Kingdom
POD’s are small in size, powerful in prayer and follow Jesus.
“Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. For where two or three gather in my name there I am with them.”
Jesus, Matthew 18:19-20